Sunday 13 May 2012

Project 1, Stage 2, Exercise 1

I was really excited to start properly 'working'. I did have a moment of fear as I held my pencil over the first blank space though! I enjoyed the exercise though I think my marks might be very simplistic. I haven't got a huge array of different types of marks - but perhaps that is because I was trying hard to feel the 'mood' I was supposed to be conveying!

Fast and Slow

Sharp and Delicate

Hard and Soft

Bumpy, Smooth and Sensuous

Sad and Happy

I've actually learned a lot in this exercise! I've developed ways to not smudge my work, I've worked out how to 'fix' my work once its done, I've learned the pencil classifications: 

9H8H7H6H5H4H3H2HHFHBB2B3B4B5B6B7B8B9B
HardestMediumSoftest
and I've noticed simple things like how 'happy' and 'fast' make me want to do slanting 'forward' marks bottom left to top right and the reverse is true for 'slow' and 'sad'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment