Monday 23 July 2012

Project 2, Stages 1 & 2

Stage 1 - Preparation. I chose a simple calico and stuffed three bags full of embroidery threads, wool, ribbon, lace and speciality threads. The three bags correspond to themes rather than colours. They are...
beach, galaxy and slate.


After the prep stage 2 started with lines, first in bands coming closer and closer together. I continued the theme till I had a sort of undulating pattern. The course book suggested to go with the flow so I did!


Then we are instructed to change it up with different lines and crossing in and out. I chose just two threads in similar colours and worked with the thin and the thick. It said to keep going until you've exhausted all possibilities to which I say 'thats rubbish'! As otherwise I'd be on this stage for years!

Saying that I really enjoy the section that is criss-crossed, I like the little raindrops (or sperms, depending on how you look at them)!


Finally I tried some other stitches and tried two versions for each stitch of what the stitches look like up close and personal. I'm not liking how much puckering I've let happen - I'll have to revisit the basics! Hopefully this will come out with an iron on a cloth!



No comments:

Post a Comment