Sunday 24 March 2013

Self-assessment using the Assessment Criteria

'Review how you think you have done against the criteria and make notes in your learning log.'

My first thoughts on doing this were that even if I didn't think I was doing well against the criteria I would still send what I had done. There is no point in stressing about not 'getting it right' resulting in sending nothing at all!

So here are the criteria and how I think I have done.


Demonstration of Technical and Visual Skills materials, techniques, observational skills, visual awareness, design and compositional skills.

The pages I sent show that I'm not the best drawer but can certainly get an idea across in my sketching. They show that I'm looking at inspirational areas and noticing areas that can be developed and making notes as to where to explore further which shows visual awareness. I think they show that I'm fairly new to painting mediums but that I'm thinking about light and dark areas and composition. They show that I have some skill in embroidery and am working with unusual materials to get the texture and feeling I want to convey.

Quality of Outcome content, application of knowledge, presentation of work in a coherant manner, discernment, conceptualisation of thought, communication of ideas

My sketch pages are full of both drawings and notes. They show areas where I have explored a concept further and thought about where it can be applied in my textile work. My learning log is laid out chronologically but contains tags for assignment work, learning work and 'broadening' work which means that it is coherant. My communication of ideas is a little bit scattered and rambling, but does convey the points I wish to get across.

Demonstration of Creativity imagination, experimentation, invention, development of a personal voice

I believe that I demonstrate this quite well in my sketchbook, I hope the pages I have sent show this well. I am constantly going off in tangents to explore an aspect more before coming back to the original thread and continuing on that path. I am thinking hard about my own 'style' and direction I want to take my work. I have had to reign myself in a few times because areas I want to explore are in the scope of other courses and I should save that for then!

Context reflection, research, critical thinking (learning log)

Needs work perhaps. I have been to a few exhibitions, spent time in an arts library and have read quite a few of the books and have explored each of these in my learning log. I've also noted what I've taken from each of these forays. I can always try to do more though.



No comments:

Post a Comment