Tuesday 23 April 2013

Project 3 Exercise 5

Back to stitching! Heres Exercise 5 - an exploration into coloured stitches using two primary colours. Again with the brightness! In varying proportions and distances to show the different effects. I made notes of observations on paper and they are included in the last post 'Sketchbook Pages'



One of the things I did try to do was blend the two colours somehow to make a third. My weaving stitching at the bottom right was a somewhat unsuccessful attempt - even looking from far away! I guess too much contrast just does not work for blending.

By far my favourite section was the colour wheel which used varying tones of the primary colours. When placing the colours I tried to put saturated yellows next to desaturated blues and vice versa, as well as try the desaturated colours together and the saturated colours together. In this way I feel like the stitching started to look realistic and almost 3d - like the wheel of colour 'shone'. I was going for an almost coppery metallic effect and I think it was successful. Very happy with this.


No comments:

Post a Comment